Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My wild and indeed international flora and fauna

Remember my old friend Willow? Well she has happily settled down in the home of the Canadian playmobile about 50km South of Lyon ...



look at her showing off here in her new abode!




And now look!! Another beautiful tree has become my namesake! Look!



http://www.therextras.com/

And guess where this "Abigail" tree is today?


In San Antonio, Texas!


Yes, that Texas country not far from Mexico .... ain't that something?

(that was me trying to sound American).


Thank you Dr Boucher for giving me such a great honour!

Not just a great therapist, but a pretty funky gardener too!

Moving on ...
.....allow me to introduce another of my great friends ....


"Electrode"

(um ... he's the slightly smaller of the two creatures below)






and my other great friend


"Hot Dog"
(she's the one with the slightly wider-open eyes)





I get to spend lots of quality time with Electrode, William, Hot Dog and Nathan ...

I have also, of late, become something of a bird-watcher.

You may remember Mama inherited two canaries about a year ago... well their home and family have expanded .... as you can see, they have all been very busy!


I am particularly fond of the bullfinches. Can you remember how incredibly tiny they were just a couple of weeks ago? And now look at the huge great things - I reckon they've been snacking on William and Nathan's four-cheeze pizzas - which I will confess I am becoming quite partial to myself, as it happens.
They don't really look like baby chicks any more do they? Yet they aren't even a month old yet!


And this is the bullfinch baby with his Papa ... are they cute or are they CUTE???


OK, so moving swiftly on from Mama's boring passion for all things with feathers (including Boa's - her mate Becka Boo suggested it was time I had my first, so watch this space, I could be sporting a purple diamante one before long).....
I have my uttered my fifth word!
You may remember that my current vocabulary stands at :
1. = "Mama"
2. = "Papa"
3. = "Ravwahr" (Au-Revoir = French for "Goodbye")
4. "Il est la" (= he/she/it is over there)
Well I now have a fifth word!
5. = "Na Naaan"
What do you mean: "What does that mean"?
It means "Nathan" of course.
off to learn some more words now!
toodle pip!

5 comments:

Abigail said...

What a house full of little friends you have!! Those little bullfinches are quite darling I agree. You've got a very brave mama to hold them in her hand!! And congrats on the new word! I'm going to guess that William will come next!! Then again maybe you can learn Avonlea and beat Maddie at it!

my life: said...

My goodness!! You have quite a zoo there! For not liking birds in cages....your momma is becoming quite tolerant of them. :0) It must be your Princess majic!

You know I LOVE all of those new words!!! Work on this one:
AAAAAMMMMMBBBBERRRRRRR....it's super easy and if you want, you can shorten it to ber. :0)

Anonymous said...

This is LOVELY post, Princess - FULL of many of my favorite things, er, beings (other than people).

Your lovely name is a grace to our lovely tree. I am so pleased your willow is thriving also.

Love the Hot Dog and Electrode! Sooo cute! Nathan and William are particularly handsome in these photos.

LOVE the birds! I'm sure I heard them on the last video from your home.

Soon you will be as vocal as those darling finches!
Dr. B.

ta grande soeur said...

c'est trop genial que tu commence a former des mots tu va bientot parler COURAMENT ♥ je suis trop contente ma cherie

mommytoalot said...

Yahhh!! Bein Abigail..
Love the pictures. You sure are a lucky little princess to have that many animals. The birds are beautiful.
toodles