Monday, January 21, 2008

More festivities and Celine's birthday ...

On Saturday, the whole Bernard Bunch was invited to Celine's house to celebrate her 13th birthday. Papa is Celine's Godfather, and every January we go celebrate the additional year together ... so here we are at the local flower shop, getting a beautiful bunch of posies for Celine and for her Mama ...


The flower lady was ever so nice with me (methinks she was secretly planning on adopting me but my Mama watches over me like a hawk so not much chance of that!) and gave me my own little bunch of posies ... which terrified me of course - Mama says I have yet to learn some social niceties for this kind of situation

Then off I went with the posies, thanking the nice lady furiously for her kindness towards me ...

.. then I landed in Celine's house and was immediately distracted by the hoards of new bits and pieces I had never seen before ...

things that no-body else ever seems in the slightest bit interested in, but me ..

tut tut, what a mess on this table ... let me tidy this up quickly whilst Papa looks at photo albums with Celine and her Papa Didier ..

Then we all had some dead yummy nosh - get a load of Thibaud's groovy mohican hair-do over at the end of the table there!

Ah, Celine and Papa, the two of them are crazy about each other ...

Isn't she a real cutie pie??

OI! Get yer mits off of my Papa!!!
(just kidding ... look at the pair of love birds!!)


and here I am now with trendy Maude ... she is SO cool!!

and with Christine who looked after me very carefully and cuddlefully!!!

oooops - wind the clocks back a bit, we're back to Christmas now - here's Nathan with his brand new Nintendo DS game - does he look happy or does he look happy?????

Is there really any need for illustrative text for this photo?

Now believe it or not, Valerie and Laurent actually get on quite well, though its difficult to imagine given the enthusiasm conveyed in this wee piccie ....
... and yes, it must be said, Laurent does have a funny face, doesn't he?
I do like him though, cos he smothers me in cuddles and kisses
much to my cousin Lena's distress!Come on Lena, cheer up! He smothers you in snogs all day and night too! And he spends three hours an evening saying "night-night" - you should see the speedy gonzalez 'night night' I get from my lot!!!

I know, its hilarious isn't it???!!!
what is?
uh.. dunno
There, I just KNEW my Mama could bring a smile back to your gorgeous little face Lena!!
Thats what fairy Godmothers are for!!


My cousin Emeline and her Godmother Valerie, who is also Lena's Mama and my Auntie
(I need a compass to find my way round my family ties and links!!!)


A truly Bernard Christmas in Lucenay

This is me contemplating stabbing Mama with a silver fork
but she promised never to make me wear bunches again so I let her off

And here is my own GORGEOUS Godfather!!!
Watch this spot for the next riveting epistle!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Abigail what a big family you have! I haven't met many of mine but I think I'll meet them at my christening in March. Mummy and Daddy were hoping some of the strange ones wouldn't come, but everyone seems to want to come and meet me! I'm driving back through France on Thursday so I'll wave to you on the way!xx